Your exclusive Wedding Florist,
Serving Aurora, and the Denver area.
- Flowers for Weddings and Receptions
- Flowers for Corporate Events
- Parties and all Special Occasions
NEW You can now pay your invoice online!
Information below provided by FlowershopNetwork
Be aware of plants that have “toxic” properties such as the ones listed below. Keep in mind that not all “toxic” plants are lethal. They may only cause vomiting, stomach upset or other issues. You will still want to keep them from curious pets.
10 Common Houseplants Toxic To Dogs or Cats
- English Ivy (Hedera helix) - Ingestion of leaves & berries can cause stomach irritation, diarrhea, troubled breathing. Can be fatal.
- Cyclamen persicum - Root & leaf ingestion can cause severe stomach irritation, intense vomiting. Can be fatal.
- Easter Lilies (Lilium longiflorum) - Highly toxic to cats causing vomiting, lethargy, and kidney failure. Can be fatal.
- Azalea/Rhododendron - Toxins affect central nervous system. Mild poisoning causes vomiting, drooling, diarrhea, weakness and depression. Severe poisoning can lead to coma and death from cardiovascular collapse.
- Chrysanthemums contain pyrethrins causing mild cases of dermatitis, excessive drooling, loss of coordination, vomiting and diarrhea.
- Kalanchoe blossfeldiana causing gastrointestinal irritation and problems with heart’s cardiac rhythm and rate in dogs.
- Hyacinth bulbs, leaves and flowers are toxic to dogs causing vomiting and diarrhea. Not usually fatal.
- Pothos (Scindaspus aureus) - Causes significant mouth and oral cavity irritation, diarrhea, and swelling of the throat. Large Quantities are toxic causing liver and kidney damage in dogs.
- Peace Lily (spathiphyllum clevelandii) - Contains calcium oxalate crystals which cause oral irritation, excessive drooling, vomiting and difficulty in swallowing. If medical attention is not giving the degree of illness may include liver and kidney damage.
- Schefflera (Brassia arbicola) - Contains calcium oxalate crystals. Symptoms are the same as the peace lily and pothos plants.
Ten Houseplants Safe For Dogs & Cats
- African Violet - Saintpaulia ionantha
- Bromeliad - Guzmania lingulata major
- Bird Nest Fern - Asplenium nidus
- Parlor Palm - Chamaedorea elegans
- Ponytail Palm - Beaucarnea recurvata
- Christmas Cactus - Schlumbergera bridgesii
- Prayer Plant - Calathea insignis
- Sweetheart Vine (Wax Plant) - Hoya kerrii
- Boston Fern - Nephrolepis exalta bostoniensis